Friday, July 31, 2009

So Many Reasons Why I Love Blake


It has seemed like a really long summer, but at the same time it has gone really fast. Needless to say Blake and I haven't gotten along 100% this summer, so I thought it would be good for me to remember all the reasons why I do love him to death and can overlook the things that drive me nuts.

  • His "Blakey" colored eyes! The doctor says they are hazel, but I still prefer "Blakey" colored.
  • The way his eyes sparkle and twinkle when he is laughing and being nothing but ornery.
  • The way he calls Ava "big girlie"
  • The way he complains about having to watch Ava's movies, but yet after she is long gone he is still sitting there glued to the screen.
  • When he climbs in bed with me after Ryan leaves. He says he is not tired, but minutes later he is sound asleep.
  • The way he talks about Jesus and thinks He is pretty cool!
  • The way he masters any electronic device he touches.
  • When he always chooses fruit before anything else to eat.
  • His ears. They stick out just a bit, but they are perfect to nibble on.
  • The way he hates yet loves it when I make his toes "pop".
  • The way he still drags along his "blue blankie" even though he will be in 1st grade.
  • The amazing things he has taught Ava whether I wanted her to know them or not. She is one smart cookie and I really owe the credit to Blake.
  • His favorite game to play on Wii is the original Mario Brothers. I find that hilarious!
  • The way he rescues me from frogs.
  • His "see through" skin. You can almost see every vein in his body. We think it is pretty cool though. But he asks me way to many questions about it.
  • And my favorite of all... Even when we have a bad day, he can't wait for me to tuck him in at night, kiss him, and tell him that I love him. Thanks Buddy! I love you too!

1 comment:

The Boone's said...

Emma,

Thanks so much for reminding me that no matter how much the kids drive you nut, that sometimes you need to remember all the neat things they do. I am with you about this summer, but I think a trip down the positive things they do will help with the next few weeks. I can also tell you that I had tears in my eyes when I was reading that. Thanks so much for sharing.